Welcome to Day 1 of:
JULIE & JULIA!
-At home in the kitchen with Erin and Si.
From our gourmet table to yours-

I love this woman. Isn't she beautiful? Isn't she hip? I love that she's wearing more color these days. She has a LOT of black in that closet. Here's Si drinking out of her super cool hot chocolate cup. Love the scarf. These pictures make me wish I could be in her kitchen right now just talking to Jacob and her. Jacob teases me mercilessly with an occasional, "Jacob!" thrown in by Si when she feels he has gone too far (which he never does.) It is great. I must have a big sign on my forehead that says TEASE ME. I CAN TAKE IT. I don't know.
I will report each day on what I made the day before off of her blog abountifulkitchen.com. For Day 1, I made Si's Spiced Pear Flatbreads with Goat Cheese and Mustard Cream.
As she said herself, total chick food. Good thing I had all chicks in the house yesterday. Brett's out of town and Spencer...who was Spencer? Did I have a Spencer? Ha! Good riddance!
This was a great dish. Everyone loved it! I loved the tartness that the mustard cream and the goat cheese created. I loved the softness of the pears and feeling good about including spinach for my healthy body needs. However, it's not really a quick meal. The flatbread takes a while to rise, then punch down, then puff up again. You make these 9-inch flatbreads one at a time, so that takes some time too. If you have time, it's totally worth it for a shi shi poo poo chick meal.
*Question for Si* What is the difference between kosher salt, sea salt, and table salt. Does it really matter? I didn't have kosher salt, so I used sea salt for it all. Did that matter?


2 comments:
This is such a great idea.....I am impressed! ..
and my security word.....fooduckt
That's weird
I'm sure I used Kosher Salt. And it was delish.
salt education:
http://www.saltworks.us/salt_info/si_gourmet_reference.asp
Love that picture of me with the knife. I look posessed.
Post a Comment