Monday, September 27, 2010

Needing to be said.

Brett: Thank you for not being gone the entire weekend. Coming home in time for church made life so much better for me. You can't put a steak back in the freezer that I have already defrosted/thawed. It's dangerous. We need to get Maddie a car to drive. You save me in the mornings. Let's go for a walk tonight after it cools down. Remind me I said that when I am in bed reading a book. The lights outside look really good.
Spencer: Skype us. Don't think I don't know you took two tests last week. How did they go? I'm sorry about the BYU Football season. That must be a bummer at the games. I hope you are with a big group of fun friends so it's not as bad. Your room is pretty empty. We're making you a care package for Family Night tonight. It might have a Dodgers sweatshirt in it....if you Skype us.
Maddie: Laundry needs to be started and completed on Saturday. I like that you and Ali are completely in charge of your own now. I will like it better. You will like it better. Don't read what I wrote on dad's message above about getting you a car to drive. I like the artwork you hung up in your room. It makes me not mind the wrong color of green paint on your walls. I like that you're making friends. You get to go to ITALY.
Ali: If you pick your room up every day, it never gets really messy. I like that you didn't go along with the crowd when you were scared. I like that you are getting to dance every day. How many of my clothes do you have in your closet? You get to go to Utah in 3 weeks. It's been nice for me to have you around home so much. You're a little bit of a homebody and it's nice. Let's swim when you get home.
Sydney: I'm sorry you have to go out to recess today when it is 107 degrees. What is this...Arizona? I like how you are analyzing which girls will make the best friends at school. I know it is a little frustrating, but hang in there. I like how you pushed Kate around in the Little Tykes Shopping Cart last night. She likes you so much. I like how you made the rolls with me yesterday. You're welcome for making your bed, but you need to put away your clothes when you get home.
Kate: Why do you get that smirk when you look at me and drop a carrot or piece of bread off the side of your high chair? I get that you are done and are bored and want to drop it, but why do you think my look of disapproval is funny? Should I be concerned? I love how you look today in this little purple cotton dress. I'm so glad you sleep through the night and now I need to you move wake up time from 5:30 to about 6:30-7. Let's go swimming when everyone gets home.
Rudy: Thank you for being the best dog ever. I know Lauren used to tease us that you were a depressed dog, but I think you're just mellow. Thank you for letting Kate poke at you. I think you need to open up to her and just finally accept that she's not going anywhere. You might even grow to like her. Don't think I don't fully realize that Brett is your favorite, even though I feed you, take you for rides and let you sleep on my chair.
Erin: Are you wearing work out clothes, because you really are going to work out? Why not just get it over with? You sure like your quiet days at home don't you? I know you're bummed that Melinda told you who the Mockingjay ends up with, but you still need to finish the book. You should probably get the Halloween boxes out even though it's stifling hot. This is the time.
Finally, you look really great today. No I mean it, you look like a million bucks.

10 comments:

California Blakes said...

i love this. seriously funny. I might have to copy you on my blog!

corrine said...

erin,
i like you. you DO look good today!
corrine

Misty said...

Misty: Cannot wait for you to come visit! You are my most favorite sibling ever! (Totally copying this post idea, btw.) Love you!!

Melwel said...

I AM SORRY....I didn't know you were reading it or interested. I blame it on KIM...she asked, I told...I didn't look around...... I AM SORRY

Erin Blake said...

Misty, I'm not coming in a few weeks--just Maddie and Ali are. They are also planning on sleeping at your house btw. It will be the day after you return home from my house. Will you take them to Orange Leaf and let them eat your food in between friend activities? I'm your favorite sibling ever? Can I quote you on that?

Haskell's said...

So who's house is rudy going to run to when he wants to escape? You should think about microchipping him and getting a really secure fence. Oh by the way... you really look good in work out clothes even if you don't work out. Oh and I like you A LOT!

Erin Blake said...

I love comments. Corrine, when is the big day?

Kimi said...

I LOVE this post. You're so creative. Dang, grrl! You DO look good today...wit woo!

I am so glad I didn't hear Melinda's comment! That would have ruined everything. Sort of like when somebody (not important who. Let's just say they will have their just reward in the Heavens) told me who won Idol while I was watching the finale. Not. Cool.

Brooke Shoko said...

Maddie is going to ITALY???
when, why, how?
deets por fa vor

Erin Blake said...

yeah Kimi, you hate that.

She gets to go for 9 days with the concert choir, which is big here like it is in Bountiful. They are singing high mass at St. Peters. wow.

But hey, she's not touring Europe staying in hostels and being super Miss Independent doing whatever she pleases cause she worked hard for her money. So hard for it honey. She worked hard for her money so you better treat her right.