Saturday, September 4, 2010

WE HAVE FRIENDS!!!


We have friends. This photo proves it. See, when you do things with other people, they are called friends. So this photo proves that we have at least 5. They invited us to be their friends. No one ever says, "Do you want to be my new friend?" Instead, they say things like, "Hey, we were wondering if you want to come and watch the BYU game with us. We are having a few people over and thought of you guys." Translation: "We desperately want to become your new friends. We are courageously calling you to ask you to our house for a perfect 'becoming new friends' occasion: a BYU Football game." It so happens that the Hansen's (our new future bffs I'm sure) daughter was sitting with Spencer at that very moment at the said BYU game. LIVE. IN PERSON. The other couple(our future bffs also), as well as almost all other couples in our entire ward (our future bffs) are BYU fans whose kids go to BYU. How refreshing! I finally am surrounded by people who appreciate the greatest school on earth.

Speaking of BYU, the best birthday present Brett got was the announcement that BYU was going independent. This means that we now get to see BYU on ESPN every single game. This is huge. No more Mountain. 10 million times more enjoyable to watch. Better reporters. Lots of national exposure. HD. This also means that we get to play cool teams. They are lining up great games. We are very very very very excited.

Day 3: Best Ever Fresh Blueberry Muffins

JULIE & JULIA!
-at home in the kitchen with Erin and Si.
From our gourmet tables to yours-

Trust me on this one, make these muffins. They are sooo good. Si and I recommend them completely, and as a gourmet cook now, I would suggest that you take my recommendation very seriously when it comes to good food.

14 comments:

JuneyB said...

football=lame.

your friends=pretty cool.

you guys=pretty cool too.

i now realize that this whole "=" thing was lame. But not as lame as football.
GO AGGIES.

K BYE.

Laur said...

Wow, never wanted a Si & Erin blueberry muffin so badly in all my life.

Super happy you have friends.

The Arky Blakes said...

GO COUGS!! Isn't it nice to have people around you who are Cougar fans -- so refreshing!

Erin Blake said...

Jane- I obviously am super well rounded to be artsy AND enjoy football.

Melwel said...

I am happy for you and happy for BYU....I am the lone cougar at my house. I was raised this way and my blue runs deep....even when I'm sitting at the Ute games.

Those muffins are mouthwatering-looking.. I am so glad you and Si are collaborating.

and........who wouldn't want to be your friend? seriously.

Erin Blake said...

Well, Si and I aren't really 'collaborating', I just make it sound like we are.

Amy and Brad said...

Congrats on the friends! And congrats to all Cougars everywhere on independence!

Unknown said...

Erin. You have friends that are BYU fans? Seriously? bc ALL of your dearest and most closest friends in the world (Aggie fans don't count) in Btown, your hometown, are UTE FANS. Do your new "friends" know this about you? That you have deep bonds with UTE fans? That your favorite color is RED? That we have pics of Brett in Utah gear? What does this mean? What's wrong with this picture? What is the world coming to? Who are you?

Moving on. I feel like we are Julia and Simka. Working on this project together. Totally sear.

Erin Blake said...

Si- they don't even know who Utah is. They don't follow them or care about the rivalry. Weird. It's refreshing to have people to watch the game with not gonna lie. However, I still desperately love all of my Ute fans. It's all good. I miss the occasional jan from Jacob but don't miss it from the Fower boys. :)

Erin Blake said...

Jab from Jacob. I think I wrote jan. Don't miss any jan. Ok I said they don't know who Utah is. They do, it just never comes up in conversation. No kids here go to the U.

SLCphoto1 said...

Where is this freaking recipe? I MUST make these today!~!!!!! Send me the recipe!

Becky said...

Well you have friends here in Bountiful that you ditched.

Erin Blake said...

BECKY!! I miss you and I can hear the sarcasm in your voice as I read that. How is Evan? I miss Jake. Can he go to prom with Maddie again? He could fly out here.

Anonymous said...

Great to see you finding new friends. Also, I could not be more happy about BYU going independent in football. Great, GREAT news!