JULIE & JULIA!
-at home in the kitchen with Erin and Si.
From our gourmet tables to yours-
Day 4: Gazpacho****************************************************
Today is now Monday. I also didn't read ahead of time that you have to chill it for 4 hours up to 2 days. So, it is in the fridge chillin and we ate panini's for Sunday dinner instead. And Now.....The Verdict On the Cold Gazpacho....
If you like cold soup, you'll like it. If not, you uh won't. Simple as that. I never buy v8, never drink tomato juice, never eat raw cucumbers even. So, for me, this was a one-time make. It's weird, because the new gourmet cook Erin, would TOTALLY have known that gazpacho was a cold soup. Like, duh. I could feel badly for people who didn't know that. The old me, however, the sort of good cook Erin, just didn't know enough info about this recipe darn it.
It's OK. I'm sure Julie made some of Julia's french recipes and passed on them the next time. I decided that tomorrow, I will pick a dessert as a reward for doing this. Si emailed me her very favorites so I will have all hits from now on.
oh and I have a new job! Brett has a 2nd job! I am now an English tutor and Brett is a Geometry tutor for the greatest 9th grade girl named Ali. I'm excited. We mostly work at night, usually late. Oh, Brett just got off of his shift so I'll sign off! e


2 comments:
Um. Hello. I am surprised YOU did not like this!! Who are you, and what have you done with my friend Erin?
Anyway- just a bit of info. The Cook's peeps say to refrigerate it bf serving. which is not a necessity. Self proclaimed "purists" and peeps in the know about authentice Italian cooking say it should be served IMMEDIATELY. Not chilled, for the best freshest flavors. Seriously, I read a whole thread on this very subject on a cookng site. Weird, I know, that peeps spend time thinking or blogging about such silly things.... :)
I kind if think of it as a salsa-like soup. Right? 'ish?
Post a Comment