Friday, July 16, 2010

Air Conditioning Unit to ERIN:

Look. I want to work for you. Really. But it is 100 degrees outside and I was put in this house in the 60s. I'm super old. I was embarrassed to show myself to the repair guy you called over here. I am old, but I was offended when he took one look at me and said he wouldn't fix me and he's never seen anything so decrepit. Come on guy. That's a little dramatic don't you think? You're no Mr. Suave either, but I kept quiet.

I know the guy you lease from lives in India and probably won't OK you replacing me. After all, I'm the unit for the 2nd house and maybe he never used that house for teenage daughters. Perhaps he likes the heat. Why would he want to spend $6000 to replace me? (not that we elderly are replaceable by any means.) I'm sorry you will probably have to fight him on this..on whether it is a breach of contract if you don't disclose that the air conditioning uh doesn't WORK. So, good luck with that one.

I'm also sorry I manifested my age and inability to work properly in the same week your air conditioning went out in your car and your stove broke. We can't control when these things happen. Kind of like hot flashes, to put it in a feminine light. No better time to enjoy your cool pool right?

I wish Spencer, Stephen, Maddie and Berkley the best of luck in sleeping and keeping themselves hydrated until you decide what to do with me and with your landlord who is not responding to you. I could hear them laughing into the wee hours of the morning, so I think they must be OK. I don't think they even care, which is good for you. I would not recommend telling Stephen's mother of his circumstances, though, so she doesn't worry or get a hot flash of her own.

Again, my apologies.

Rufus McFuddy

2 comments:

Kimi said...

Poor Rufus. But seriously, it's time for him to retire already. He's too old to have to work that hard everyday! Time for him to CHILLAX in a comfy heap at the dump where he can find other friends his age and I'm sure he'll just love it! (I bet that's what it sounds like to the father whose kids are trying to talk him into a nursing home).

Ver. word: banter

Indeed.

Unknown said...

Bahaaaaa. Very funny. I actually BROKE INTO A SWEAT last Sunday in church. Charming.
btw - Binghams Jumped ship last night. sad.