I feel better today. I cried all yesterday, joined in bushels of tears by my two teenage daughters and Lauren last night. Today, I feel good again. I've just decided that those little waves of sadness are going to come and I need to experience it, cry it out, and then move on.
Today, I'm thinking about warm weather, sand and water.
Which brings me to a segment that I like to call
KEEPING IT REAL
My life isn't as glamorous as it most assuredly seems :) Sometimes blogs are so rosy, cheery, glamorous that you wonder who these people are that live these lives?!!
So here it is.
1-Kate pooped up the back to her neck. She was in her bumbo chair at the time and I didn't know. When I picked her up, turned her around
and hugged her to my chest so she was facing outward, I felt suddenly warm. Really warm. Yup. All over her and my shirt.
2-In the middle of the night, I thought someone had lit a bonfire of burning tires in our front room. It smelled SO AWFUL. It made me way nauseous. At 4 a.m., we figured out that the blower on the heater had blown up.
I just found out that since it's after hours, a weekend, and a super expensive part, I will be paying $800 in order not to freeze tonight. Good thing we now have a JOB! Maybe that's why I'm better today. That heater breakage a few weeks ago? Not fun.
Life is good again. We are excited about our new adventure and know it will be incredible in the end. I'm only so sad, because I love a lot of people. Loving people feels really good. The only way not to feel sad would be not to be close to anyone in the first place. So, there it is. I would do it again.


5 comments:
Wait a second...I disagree with your friend, Emilee. You will not have a hard time making friends. It's always hard at first but as soon as people meet you and your awesome family they will eat you up!! You are so friendly, talented, REAL, and anyone who gets to be friends with you in CA is LUCKY! Love you, Erin!! It will all be good!!
PS...Once you live in CA, you'll never want to leave. Believe me!:)
Erin. I love your blog and mostly, I love you. You always keep it real, which is so refreshing.
I hope I can see you before you go!
Jules, can we take the kids to the beach sometimes? Can we both get Disney year passes? Will you come up for Sunday dinners?
Love the keepin it real segment. Terrific idea. I love you Erin.
I love how you're hugging that tree Lauren. Quite the pose.
Post a Comment