Thursday, April 15, 2010

I am a Lucky Girl

I'm cough 40. I was sort of determined to let it pass by so I wouldn't think about it too much. But Spencer bought me flowers and balloons. With his own money he earns at the car wash. Maddie and Ali gave me such a cute shirt. Syd made me a 3 foot paper flower. Brett made me wear this hat during dinner the night before, to humiliate me. (That is not a messy kitchen in the background. That is not a messy kitchen in the background. That is not a messy kitchen in the background.) He also arranged a dinner at our friend Nick's restaurant with good friends -and even though it was spring break we had a good group! Nick came back just to eat with us.







My kids have a new hobby and it's taking pictures of Kate like this.
I have about 100 like this. Try to get her non smiling. The weirder the face the better. This was taken at my b-day dinner with the kids at Joy Luck. (Yes Si I know. The kids wanted to. And yes Brett, I wish you could have been there.)

That's a LOT of candles. Crazy! That cake is almost upside down!

Oh yeah, Good people brought me treats and wrote me stuff and called me. My sisters kidnapped me to a movie. I got to go to lunch two days in a row. My college roommate told me I didn't look 40. She was always kind like that. I got to talk to my awesome mother-in-law who turned cough 70 on the exact same day in Germany. She had just returned from the Netherlands and Spain. BOOORRRRING I'm sure. I hope I'm in Germany doing what she is doing when I'm cough 70. Good day. Very good day.

Thank you everyone. I am blessed and grateful.

8 comments:

Kimi said...

Your expression in the b-day hat is puh-riceless!

And the cake picture makes me feel anxious. I think the whole thing is about to slide off! Fix it! It's scaring me!

corrine said...

haha "yes si i know." love all the people in your pictures. love you. happy birthday!

Melwel said...

I'm laughing hard...thanks for posting my true personality.
I guess this makes up for me putting a mustache on you!

Let the blog wars begin!

Erin Blake said...

You so deserved that Melinda. Would you take a nice picture? No!!!

Unknown said...

Yes, Mel Wel's true personality. So fun. I'm SO SAD I didn;t get incited to the fam bd at JOY LUCK!! Cause you know I love the round table. Goodness, those are HUGE orange soda's. ;)

Unknown said...

ok, forgot to write the funniest pic ever is the one of K BLAKE. She is so going to hurt the big bro and sistas when she gets older.

Erin Blake said...

Yes and those sodas were refilled 3 times. Gross. I love water.

Diane said...

I'm grateful I got to celebrate twice with one of the coolest, most special people I know. 40 is nothing on you! Love you!