

SYDNEY TURNED 9 TODAY
SYDNEY is still my baby girl.
She made us go to Chuck-a-Rama tonight for her b-day dinner (a family first), because she had been there with Misty once. That is the grossest, sickest, yuckiest place ever. Brett and I looked at each other silently communicating, "Are you kidding me? Do we have to?"
SYDNEY is an adventurous soul.
She loves to go with Brett anywhere. He makes her feel like he really needs her help with this or that. She is his buddy, more than anyone else.
As we have contemplated moving, she is the one who has been full-throttle forward.
SYDNEY is beautiful.
I love the sprinkling of freckles across her nose and also her big brown eyes.
I love that she doesn't care too much about how she looks though still. She will soon enough.
SYDNEY serves her parents, especially me.
She is sensitive to my moods. If I am tired or stressed, she starts silently cleaning or sets up surprises in my room, like foot massages or back scratches.
One time, she taped all of her coins onto a card and gave it to me so that I could treat myself to something. It was so dang sweet.
SYDNEY is the biggest Kate fan.
People kept warning me that Syd would probably feel jealous. I kept waiting. It has never happened. She is so sweet, responsible and loving with her.
I LOVE SYDNEY.


6 comments:
I love Syd!! So happy to have intoduced her to UpChuck-A-Rama. :)
Would you like to know a memory of Syd that is burned into my brain?
During one of the 1000 mornings that I was at your house (thank you for that by the way)... anyway.. for some reason spence was wearing some outragous clown wig. Syd was saying the prayer and the only thing she said was "please bless that spencer will take of that scary wig."
yes, that is one of the many.
"my passport please."
oh yeah. I don't remember the first, but I definitely remember the 2nd one. I think it was more like...." Mom! I NEED MY PASSPO(R)T!!!" without the R sound of course, hands up in frustration at age 2. That was the best. Remember your photoshoot with her on Maddie's pillows?
Happy happy birthday Sydney girl!! You need to make that into a book with pictures. I just got Simon's back and love it!
I love Sydney, too! She had THE sweetest smile on her face yesterday when we came for our Primary visit. As I looked at her with her adorable smile I kept thinking of the many years I never got to see that smile because she did not like me. I don't take it personally. I'm pretty sure it's just because I was her mom's friend, therefore taking a portion of her mom's attention that should rightly have been hers. It was a contempt laden crud-eye for me for a loooong time. So that darling smile and sparkling eyes yesterday was an extra-special treat for me. She's a gorgeous girl, inside and out!
Syd. Really Chuck A Rama?? Come over here and get a root beer float. For breakfast.
Post a Comment