Wednesday, June 24, 2009

READING: My Atonia by Willa Cather

LISTENING TO: Alex DeGrassi --classical guitarist who does a lot with Windham Hill Recordings. I love his version of the Princess Bride theme.

WATCHING: Easy Virtue at the Broadway and The Proposal last night with Brett. Also liked Last Chance Harvey with Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thompson.

WORKING ON: Finishing baseboards, closet and door in the baby's room. The pink I bought probably won't work; too bubble gummy. I've got to go get it remixed.

BUYING: Hospital PJs, car seat and stroller frame to strap it into. Wish I were buying a cute t-shirt and fitted pants that zip up and button at the top.

EATING: Scrambled Eggs and toast, salted almonds and whole wheat blueberry pancakes with cold skim milk. No cereal or juice for me, no way.

WISHING: I could take a long stretch, touch my toes, feel the back of my knees get warm from the stretch, go for a speed walk, then stretch again. Aaaahhh, how good would that feel?

DOING TODAY: teaching morning piano, going to lunch at a quaint, funky restaurant, painting, working on my band music, getting kids to work, making some semblance of carbless dinner

LOVING: the sun, date movies, baby moving inside of me, kids who drive, good night's sleep with lots of pillows, scriptures with the family, hearing the dishwasher running that Brett just loaded, kissing Syd's little sleepy face when she wakes up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't Easy Virtue great? Loved the contrasts, cinematography, humor, acting. MOM

Melanie said...

Do people really wear PJ's at the hospital??????

Unknown said...

Last Chance Harvey was weird.

Erin Blake said...

You think every deep movie is weird. I was viewing it from a different angle than most I guess. I could see both of my parents in Dustin Hoffman's shoes..