
So we are in the second week of summer. I really wondered before school got out if having all of the kids home would make me more uptight, with everyone eating and making messes all of the time. When you are used to a quiet house all day, I knew it would be a change. However, I was used to a quiet house all day, but have never really liked a quiet house all day. It's too easy for me to just stay inside, and keep trying to find new nooks and crannies in my brain to keep me company. I forget that my personality type is happier when I am with people.
So, these past two weeks of summer have been so good. I love having noise and people and less schedules. The days go by so fast and I am getting such good quality time with my teens and little Syd. I feel more myself than I have in the last 8 months. I am beginning to remember what I was like before. It feels really good.
4 weeks to go. I'm not going to lie, I am NOT ready yet. I need to go buy some stuff and get stuff set up. I've never been the super planner, organized, everything ready weeks before an event or a trip.....or a baby, kind of girl. I'm more laid back. However, I need a diaper or two I figure. Maybe a blanket. Maybe a car seat?
Since I have no camera for a week, of course, I thought I'd dig up some photos out of our archives on the mac. No rhyme or reason, just make me happy to look at.
The day of the Anaconda...We are all still innocently happy to be in the water.
Brett, with 3 of 4 brothers and poser Spence.
taken by my brother..
The younger years. We were playing dress up I guess.
Chubby-cheeked Spence during the Boston years. One of my favorites. This little guy says, "enjoy us, your kids, every second. My parents were probably poor, in college and exhausted the day they took this photo. Enjoy us though, for pretty soon the cheeks change and we will be 17 and soon to leave the nest."


No comments:
Post a Comment