Spencer just told me that he wants to sing "Come What May" from Moulin Rouge with Maddie in sacrament meeting. I'm laughing so hard. He said, "We can start out with a hymn and then just move into that." I'm laughing at the awkwardness of a) a brother and sister singing the words "never knew I could feel like this....like I've never seen the sky before.... and b) the complete awkwardness of the bishopric on the stand and people in the congregation as they belt "Come What May!!" and c) the randomness of Spencer's mind and what he thinks is funny.
Which leads me to a segment I like to call "REALLY?!" by Erin Blake.
Really?! I am supposed to help them get to bed still semi-early in the summer? Really! Even when the oldest two want to have a "late movie night!!!" watching Remember the Titans starting at 11. Really? We are going to find a consistent time to have scripture study every day when we'll all be here? Really??!! There will be good jobs out there for them this summer even after 30 college kids home for the summer and want the same ones? (They're not going to like the job ideas I've come up with. I'll spring them on them tomorrow.)Really?! I am going to have time to get all this pre-baby stuff done when it is WAY more fun to take Syd to a puppet show or a matinee movie with Maddie and Ali or swimming. Really? Life can be better than a cool June day with all of your kids home? I don't think so.
Great news is that Ali is doing the dishes before she goes bowling. Maddie did the daily laundry job before she left to go jogging and Spencer went to the store for me before going on a drive with Mikey T. Syd cleaned her room, put away clothes before she headed off to Morgan's. I'm going to like this- I'm getting way more help than when they are in school. I'm going to wipe down walls for the room to be painted and make some effort in our SUPER SUPER MESSY GATHERING OF PAPERS AND RANDOMNESS OFFICE.
Ben Kweller is coming in concert on Sat. night. Should I go?
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I think they should sing it! I would sing right along from the audience! I am loving the summer help as well. Tell Syd thanks for the compliment, I think she and Brandon Heavens should get married so she can tell me that all my life!
Really?
you SHOULD go to Ben Kweller because I CAN'T!!!!!!! miss you erin :)
OK Brooke Shoko. I'll go for the both of us. That way if they ask me why I'm so old, I can say I'm going for you and they won't question me.
Feeling really old because I have no idea who Ben Kweller is! I may have to "borrow" your Really?! post idea... :)
Um, no you don't have to "borrow" it. Really, it's ok.
Post a Comment