Monday, March 2, 2009

What's up with San Diego?

It was sooo nice. Every time I visit San Diego, I have the same thought. Why don't I live here? Why doesn't every American move here? I'm jealous of the older couples walking hand in hand alongside me down the marina, knowing they probably do this every weekend if not every morning before work. This yacht outside my hotel window is probably theirs. They can just hop on it and go boating whenever they want.
Outside the hotel window

The young moms walking on Coronado beach by me, probably just dropped by with their young one just before nap time to tucker him out. No big deal-let's pop by the beach for a little walk before snuggle time in our place with no AC and all the windows open. Dad will probably be home shortly after because of his short bike commute.

THE BEACH. I'm not too knowledgeable on energy zones, holistic stuff, but there has to be something about being next to the water, the waves coming in and out, walking barefoot on sand that HAS to be very beneficial to your health. There HAS to be something good, despite skin cancer warnings, about letting the sun touch and warm your skin. I so crave it. I rented a car our last day there while Brett was in meetings and drove myself to Coronado just to hear the water and touch the sand and feel the sun.
Gotta protect the faceThe baby needed some sun. She was kicking to tell me thank you.

The rest of the trip is illustrated in the next two photos. Brett worked and had a very productive trip. It was fun to watch him do his thing, talk to the docs and connect with people. His presentation was so good. I slept, um let's see..slept and then just took a little nap. I watched a movie in bed, took many a walk along the yacht-filled marina and then pretty much ate, after which I slept. The things I have to do for this little growing baby! Whatever I have to do, I'll do.
Why don't we all live here? (cost of living, yeah,yeah...)


Little Italy. Had some rockin lasagne and pastries.

6 comments:

Misty said...

That sounds like your ideal vacation. You hanging out in the hotel room, watching movies and taking naps. :)

Kelly said...

I'm so glad you got to go. I wish I could go just with my hubby!

Amy and Brad said...

You are so funny, Erin! Love it.

And...by the way, "neener, neener, neener, I know where your blog is even though you didn't tell me!" Misty outed you, dear. And I love her for it.

Have fun at Oprah, too! What is with you and your vacations, woman?!

LOVE YOU!

Misty said...

Love the pictures! And love that red hat & cute swimsuit. You are an adorable prego. :)

Erin Blake said...

Amy- I'm so glad you found it. I just wanted to get a couple posts under my belt for I tell people. I'll get all nervous if I know people are reading it.

California Blakes said...

WHAT!!!!! You were in San Diego and didn't call your local resident brother????? You are in big trouble! We could have come down to see you. Oh well, have fun at Oprah.