
My friend, Si, has the best cooking blog and when I saw these donuts on her blog, I had to try them. They were so easy and we had fun making them and eating them for family night. She also has a good taco salad that I make a lot. If you don't have time to broil the chicken, you can use good, crisp cut up chicken nuggets too. Check out her blog at abountifulkitchen.blogspot.com.

Yesterday was weird though. We lost Maddie's permanent retainer that popped out of her mouth THE DAY the ortho put it in. Rudy ran away. He was right with Brett, but Brett didn't put his shock collar on, assuming that Rudy would not leave. After all, Brett was RIGHT THERE. You know how men can't really multitask? Well, I think Brett forgets he is out there and is focusing on shoveling or whatever and Rudy literally tiptoes away. I know, because I've seen it before. I'm sick about it.
Sydney also ran away. Here is a photo of her slowly walking down our circle with head down and a packed bag in front of her. Long story, but she felt it was her only choice. When Ali asked why she was running away, her answer was just an agonizing, "I have to." That actually cheered me up from the rest of the day. I was laughing as I was taking the picture.

Seriously hormonal day. I was so mad we have to replace that dang retainer. Maddie put it "safely" in an empty ziploc sandwich bag and left it on the island without me knowing. The retainer is a little wire-- that's it. You can't even SEE it, let alone know not to throw away what you assume is an empty used sandwich bag. UGH!!!! I'm still mad!!!!
OK. New day. Hopefully I'll find Rudy. I'm mad at him too. Why can't he appreciate being all warm inside the house with kids petting him and food waiting for him? Why is it such a game to him? Why Rudy Whhhhhyyyyy?


4 comments:
Those donuts look like they could achieve whirled peas....uh, I mean world peace. They look "nummy" in the words of my older sister! Sorry it was such a bummer day. I hope Rudy finds his way back. Did he even know that you blogged about him? He wouldn't have run away if he did.
I'm still trying to figure out why I didn't receive even ONE of those yummy donuts. I mean, I only live 2 minutes away from you. I have no choice ... I'm running away.
I can't believe you didn't share with Misty. Rudy must be losing it, if he can't find my house...
That's all she wanted for her bday. I made her some and they turned out better than the first batch, not as brown. He was found down behind St. Olafs. Don't get me started...
Post a Comment