Saturday, March 21, 2009

Pregnancy and Flower Beds Don't Go Together

Um yeah, so my great plans for working in the flowerbed went like this. Park, check. Sloppies and salad, check. New book, check. Working in the flowerbed while pregnant, OW. I don't think babies in utero like being suspended upside down while the mother is bending over weeding flowers. Ouch Ouch Ouch. So, I'm thinking my yard might take a hit this spring and summer. I know, I have 4 capable kids, but if you don't LOVE your earth, YOUR very own flowers YOU personally planted, I think the flowers can tell. They rebel against reluctant weeders and waterers and don't look nearly as good. I would. I'd be all, "sure you're watering me because you have to. Someone told you too. I want someone with me that actually wants to be here, wants the best for me. Someone who likes to help me without even gloves on and then plumps up the dirt around me all lovingly-tucking me in." I'd be a total finicky flower, really needy and so looking forward to my alone time with the gardener. But, maybe I'd be so vain as to think- well I guess I'm going to have to step it up this summer. There's no way I'm not going to try my best to still look and feel good, even though I'm all pregnant....oh wait. We're talking about flowers.

4 comments:

Misty said...

You have a gift for writing, Erin. Seriously, funny girl.

Anonymous said...

I was roaring, my dear. Keep up the good, funny, creative, whimsical, theatrical writing. MOM

Anonymous said...

Pregancy and Flower Beds may not go together....but, pregnancy, flowers and beds often do. :)

Was that too naughty for this family friendly site?

Erin Blake said...

well said, well said.