Saturday, March 14, 2009

I'm Feeling Mellow Tonight

I have two states of mind. I'm either really happy and want to be around people and the world is good and I am laughing and my cheeks are all glowy and I can stay up all night talking or laughing. OR... I like being by myself and thinking and having quiet time with my hot chocolate and my blanket and either some music or a movie and I don't want to share that time with anyone and I can even get to feeling a bit melancholy. Excuse all of those ands.

I usually need both of those states of mind in any given day. I am never melancholy for days at a time, just perhaps a few hours. I'm never full of energy for long periods of time either. I loved watching Ali dance last night and tonight. I love dance and watching the beauty of the human body moving in beautiful ways mixed with....ah.......music. I'm so glad she loves it. She is beautiful.

3 comments:

Amy and Brad said...

I am the same way! I'm an introvert half the time and an extrovert 1/2 the time. All or nothing :) This post makes me feel more normal...thanks!

Misty said...

I thought of you today ...I'm here on vacation with a group of friends and while everyone else went back to the beach in the afternoon for the second time that day, I opted to stay at the condo and read and take a nap and just chill. I laughed to myself, "This is something Erin would do on vacation." ... lay in bed and watch a movie and get to know the cleaning staff. :) I totally understand that.

Erin Blake said...

pretty nice, eh? You gotta do it at least one day. My question is why did you give me the book Hunger Games when I couldn't put it down, reading like a crazy person. Then-boom. It's over. AND to make it worse, it's a cliffhanger...doesn't end. UGH. I hate that. Please tell me the next book is already out??