
Spence named him after the guy in the movie Rudy who was little but had spirit. Rudy's legs are, well they're really short and his paws point out like he's a ballet dancer.
He's mellow, really mellow. We always hope there is nothing wrong with him, because he mostly just likes to lie down all day and get scratched. He's so gentle. He sleeps with Sydney, lets her love him.


This musing about Rudy brings me to a related topic. I've always told my family that before this life, I know I was a black gospel singer living in the South. If there were such a thing as reincarnation (which I know I know, there isn't) I know I was a gospel singer. I was black, because I'm sorry, white singers just don't have it like that. There's not enough soul. The british singer Joss Stone is an exception. Check her out in itunes and you'll know what I'm saying. Anyway, why else do I love that music so much? Not just love, but really at a base level, feel it deeply. What is the other explanation?
Well, two nights ago, I had another aha moment. The other thing I love is to be scratched, like a puppy dog. I completely stop, get paralyzed and could stay there as long as the scratcher is willing. My mom and sister Kelly are the best scratchers due to nails. Brett is the best scratcher, because he will just keep scratching as long as I faintly twitch, which is the most subtle request:) I know that's why Brett is Rudy's favorite member of the family. In Chicago, I would be sitting by my mom or Kelly and one of them would lightly start scratching my back. Then, like a second later, would say, "ok. Let's go." Well, that doesn't work too well with me. I won't be "ready to go" anytime soon. I actually would need ice cold water poured on me at that moment to be "ready to go." It's heaven. Right now my skin is all itchy and tingly just writing about it.
Anyway, which brings me to my reincarnation musing which is so related to this post about Rudy. I realized that in my former life, I was actually a DOG living with baptist gospel singers in the south. I'm pretty sure that has to be it.


5 comments:
You are weird!
...said by the most "normal" person I know :)
I thought Rudy was so calm because he had traumatic "shock therapy".
oh, uh, you know about that? Yes that might be it as well. That's kind of why I said we hope there is nothing wrong with him. Having said that-the shock collar works so well! He's not going to get hit running in the streets of Bountiful..
You and RUDY are ONE.
Post a Comment