DISNEYLAND LAPSES OF PARENTAL JUDGEMENT..
(not mine, other people's.)
It seems I hear little gems each time I go to Disneyland, the "happiest place on earth." Last time it was the father yelling at the cute little girl saying, "I did NOT pay $3,000 for you to not ride that ride!" "But daaaddyy.." sniff sniff..."Get on it! $3,000!!"
Yesterday it was a mother's turn to say something that was completely and ridiculously final and confusing to her cute little girl. Set the scene... Restroom somewhere in Adventureland. Darling shy girl dressed up as Jasmine, pointed shoes and all, is waiting for her mother who is washing her hands. She begins to peek around the corner to the outside world.
Mother: "Mya, don't go out there."
The girl stops, looks at her mom. Gets a tad bored and starts to lean towards the door again.
"Mya! If you step out there, I will NEVER take you to Disneyland AGAIN. EVER. I PROMISE!!"
"Mya! If you step out there, I will NEVER take you to Disneyland AGAIN. EVER. I PROMISE!!"
I bet you can't wait for next time's gem.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SYDNEY. I love you so much. I'm so glad you are ours.
You were pretty lucky to get Woody, Jessie, and the green army guy in this photo.
Oh and don't pull the old "I forgot my sweatshirt because it was so warm at the time" trick just so you can get a sweatshirt at Disneyland. I'm on to that one now. Look how fun these two were who you went with. I bet they are a ball to just be around. Really.
Finally, a word about Disneyland. So far, Syd and I have found 3 places where we know someone is actually looking at the crowd and commenting. This is one of them. Mr Potato head can somehow see you standing in line and as he's doing his standup routine will make little comments about what people are doing. It catches you off guard and is funny. On the Monster's Inc. ride, the blob lady at the end can also somehow see you. She commented on my sunglasses on my head. Finally, in Talking with Crush (you know, the cool turtle from Finding Nemo), somehow the animated turtle on the screen reacts with the audience and is really fun to watch. If anyone out there (Darcy) knows of another sneaky little place, let me know for next time. Next Disneyland trip, January 31st, a Monday, no lines, warm..


5 comments:
I'm SO excited you have converted to the BEST reason to be in So. Ca. We lived 30 minutes away for 18+ years. My grad nite was at Disneyland (Yes, it was built by then...). The dozens and dozens of outings and the changes over the years. Then we'd compare DisneyWorld/Epcot to our Disneyland. Even after we were transferred away from CA we pulled our trailer, stayed in the Orange groves & had our 3 day Disney fix. And while I knew about Crush I didn't know about the Blob lady. What fun! SO jealous....
Jealous! I have to get Jonah to Disneyland this year.
YES - YOU ARE STARTING TO CONVERT- I'm telling you- it is just the best place on earth! Anyway-the only other place/object that "watches" you and then talks back is a moving garbage can (usually you see it in tomorrowland) and it will talk when someone throws something in it but it moves all around to different locations. The next thing you need to do is to get the "Hidden Mickey" book and it gives you scavenger hunts in each park to find the hidden Mickeys. I think you should wait until Friday of that week so that I can come too! Love you guys!
erin i have a music professor and she's great and she has your humor. except she's not quite as happy with life as you are. miss you!
Ha ha thanks Darcy. I will get the Mickey book. Brooke I talked to your ma for a long time today all about how great you are. I miss you too.
Post a Comment