Kouign-Amann.
The dessert they are known for. Here is some information to whet your appetite.
Kouign-amann is a Breton cake. It is a round crusty cake, made with a dough akin to bread dough with sugar sprinkled between layers. The resulting cake is slowly baked until the butter puffs up the dough (resulting in the layered aspect of it) and the sugar caramelizes.
Seriously sooo good. I'd usually drop one off at Si's or Heidi's as a fun surprise for them. They returned the favor many times. I am in dessert deprivation mode currently. I figure if I just look at bakery items, my cravings might stop. Looking just might be enough.
Aside from the desserts, they serve a great sesame chicken wrap and other good lunch finds. Sooo good. Grab a friend or your honey and go for me, will you? Tell them Erin sent you. Thanks. I feel better now. e





2 comments:
oh yes.....love this dessert. We had bad dessert at CPK today...talked a lot about you. All good. Is there anything bad? Hope your ears were burning. Even though you aren't around in person, you are always around. That's good right? SMILE!!
verification word: o big so
interesting
I think you posted this just as Melinda and I drove into the parking garage. We looked at the big YELLOW POST and laughed. We both said it made us think of you every time we go into the underground parking at Gateway...she wanted me to call you, but I didn't want to make you sad. Funny you posted this at the same time. Um. The KA pastry. I love those and haven't had one for months. Miss you dropping off those random yummy treats. Miss your face.
word veri is "tenti" which is what I'll be wearing soon, if I don't quit eating out.
Post a Comment