Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"I don't know why, but I think that today's going to be a GREAT DAAAAAY"

You know how sometimes, you just wake up and know that it's going to be a great day? Today was one of those days. Trust me, I also know when it's not going to be a great day. Monthly hormonal stuff, missing people, not a good night's sleep, rain...whatever.

But today, the sun was out. I had to actually wake Kate up at 8a.m. to take Sydney to school. Wow. Lots of sleep for me! Also, Brett is out of town this whole week and Sydney has wedged her little body into his spot. She curls up all nice and warm beside me and sleeps quietly away. She's going to hate it when Saturday comes. Good thing she now has her big monkey to keep her company in her own bed. The monkey has been great for that. But let's face it, not even a monkey beats warm-skinned mom.

So, last night I had a R.S. service project at my house where we put together lunches for a homeless shelter. We do it once a month. We had about 12 ladies, busily making sandwiches and assembling the lunches together. It was really fun. I stopped at Dots Cupcakes in Old Town Pasadena during the afternoon and picked up one mini of every flavor. So I had about 18. Today this is what was left.


During the evening, I got a text from Brett in NYC with this picture.

Anyone know where he is? Melinda? I love that he went there without me! I laughed pretty hard. Maddie and I made him go there 3 nights in a row the last time we went.

So this gave me an idea. Because you know me, always full of ideas... I texted my 3 children and asked them to text me a picture of what they were doing right at that very second. I think it was noon today. Sydney of course doesn't have a cell phone, so no picture from her, but I'll post one of Syd and Kate in their homemade spaceship from a floor lamp box last night. I don't know if you can notice, but that is actually a clip in Kate's hair. I know! Now people will KNOW she's a girl-sweet!

Get ready. Here are the rest of our pictures of what we were doing at that exact moment.

"Get me out mom." I don't know where that In-n-Out bag came from.

 I texted him back,  yeah right.. and he said No mom seriously I was!! Should we believe him?


Obviously Maddie right before lunch..

Obviously Ali at lunch..

Hey wait--where did it go? Huh? I'm the only one home! Weird!

Also, don't you hate when you put Christmas all away and then you find one random fake cranberry like this?

 Oh and look what Kate did..

Ok. Must go. I have Tony Bennett playing in the other room and I must read my book and listen to master Tony. Here's a self portrait he did.

 Let's see how many people can comment on this post because then tomorrow won't be even close to a possible bad day due to me missing those I love. It can be another great day! How about it? e

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leave it to you to share a totally eclectic display with us. Thanks for posting such delightful vignettes from your California life.

How about the rest of you making erudite comments?

Misty said...

Love it! Cool post. And did you mean that Syd has her own own room? DId she move into Spence's?

verword: nootar

Brooke Shoko said...

i think this is great. one day when i have kids and they have cellular devices (or something more advanced i'm sure by that point) i will do the same. you are a fun mom. :)

Sydney and Emma said...

Wish i would have read this earlier... Made me miss my girls. Love you. B2

Kimi said...

I love the way your brain works! You are so entertaining!

There. Now you don't have to miss me tomorrow.

But you can if you want.

Kimi said...

Um...why is Brett's profile named Sydney and Emma? Or why does Sydney and Emma's profile have a picture of Brett?

I find it disconcerting.

Unknown said...

You didn't see me sneak in and eat that last cupcake? Sorry I should have asked.