Monday, May 24, 2010

Anatomy of a YouTube Clip

So, I read my usual blogs each day. I have about 10 people I read and on any given day, perhaps 2 or 3 post. It's quite a short process and takes about 5 minutes. Yesterday, on my li'l friend's blog, she posted a youtube clip of a singer named Rachel Yamagata. As I listened to this, I saw two or three others by Rachel on the right side. One of them is a cover called I Wish You Love. When I clicked on it, of course to the right, comes up all other I Wish You Loves. OH, there is the version by Nat King Cole. Probably the original- I thought. Click on that, and fall in love all over with Nat King Cole. Read on the comments that Frank Sinatra did it as well. Oh that's right, I thought. He did, didn't he? Listen to his version, but decide that Nat's is the best. While listening to Nat, I see an Ella Fitzgerald clip to the right. When I click on it, tons of hers come up. I see one that has gotten over a million hits of her doing scat.



GOLDMINE!!!!!! JACKPOT!!!!! WOWWWWZERRRRR!!

So here it is... the most brilliant scat I've ever heard. The reason for YouTube becomes manifest once again. Now in case you think I am wasting my time, all of this was done in about 12 minutes, and now I am off to shower and begin this snowy end of May day. e

**quickly I'm back. Just got back from Kate's doc apt. She is 10 months and is only in the 3% on her weight. Yikes. She only gained less than 1 pound in the last 2 months. She looks like a little doll. She is 15 lbs and some change at 10 stinkin months. I now have to give her tons of stuff-food constantly-milk constantly-you name it. She needs to gain weight. Man, I LOVE that baby. I'd do anything for her. I was holding her little naked-down-to-her-diaper body at the docs and just rubbing that soft warm skin on her back and AAAAHHHHH I can't stand how much I love it sometimes.

OK OK! I'm done blogging! Back to snowy day. Snowy doc apt, dentist apt, house showing, Brett home :) Monday. Take care. Be happy. Don't let the weather or anything else dictate whether you are happy or not. It's all from inside.

6 comments:

JuneyB said...

what a brilliant lil' friend you have. heh heh.

ella fitzgerald is so cool. she's the shiz.

Melanie said...

Welcome to the tiny baby club! We are so good at feeding lots of fat to babies around here, not that it has done a lot of good!

Unknown said...

No more breastmilk!! Milkshakes for Baby Kate!

Unknown said...

oh, just watched that clip. Amazing. I would have loved to see the faces of the audience too!

Erin Blake said...

Si, she gets milkshakes right after I exercise :) Good one Erin.

Kimi said...

That was A. Mazing.