Monday, February 22, 2010

Remember growing up? Remember how Jr. high could be rough sometimes? Friends in particular, were tough. I remember feeling very well-liked at times and very lonely the next. Pictures like this make me happy.





This is Ali with probably her best guy friend, Corbin. (She's wearing lipstick, because they were partners in a dance at halftime of a game.) He is part of a group of boys Ali calls the Brotherhood, which of course hang with her friends, the Sisterhood. I think he's one of the coolest kids in the 8th grade. He talks to adults. I always like kids who have the guts and courtesy to actually say hello to the parentals.

I am a little sad to tear Ali away from the Sisterhood and the Brotherhood. Will there be a Sisterhood in Southern California? Will there be a Brotherhood who just want to hang out? Will she find new friends at that angsty age of 13? I will continue to be grateful for friends like this good kid.

When we go to California to high school and house hunt, I am going to pray that there are kids there who may be looking for a friend, maybe a friend named Ali. Knowing Ali, she will be just fine. Well, knowing Ali there may be lots of meltdowns involved, but IN THE END, she will be just fine! That's what a mom is for right?

1 comment:

Amy and Brad said...

There may even be parents in California praying for a friend named Ali for their daughter or son! I prayed a family here once. They had a daughter Amber's age. Worked out great!