Everyone was so happy here. I love this one. We just always swing together randomly like this.
This will be me every day. I'll go get my book and head out there right now.
Brett with his great parents. They are good good people who are always there for my family and their son.Who would we be without our parents who taught us all they could, stayed with us through hard times? Cherish family ties. Create traditions. I was happy that this year, when Brett made each of the kids go around the table and say one thing they love about me or memory of me, that they were all good. Last year, we watched a DVD made for Brett's sister's 40th birthday at home. Her kids were saying that she always says "remember who you are., etc." --all of these good things. I asked the kids, "What do I always say?" pause, can't wait to hear this... Then someone said, "You always say....I'm going to have to hurt you." I laughed, because if you know me, then you know that I DO always say that. If someone teases me, I am going to have to hurt them, etc. So this year, I luckily didn't get any of that...
Brett's mom told us of the time that Brett was asking a girl to prom and he rented a gorilla suit and sent her on a scavenger hunt telling her to go to the local elementary school and wait outside. (He was a janitor there at this time). She is standing there, and some bananas come down from the roof on a rope with a note somewhere inside. As she is reading it and he is about to jump off the roof in the gorilla suit, the police pull up and surround him. Someone had called the fuzz on him. I don't think he was fired, but the gorilla was a tad embarrassed. As if he shouldn't already have been embarrassed. I'm glad he never pulled this on me when we were dating or I don't know if my last name would be Blake today.
Oh surprise, Sydney just called from school and doesn't feel well. She wants me to come get her, because she is coughing. That girl.


3 comments:
Could you be any cuter pregnant, Erin?! You may have to have a few more!
Glad you had a happy Mothers' Day! Love you!
You crack me up .... from sweet Mother's Day moments and pix to Brett getting arrested as a gorilla. Random musings indeed. :)
I like how you said indeed at the end of your comment.
Post a Comment