Sunday, May 10, 2009

It's Great To Be a MOTHER

Happy Mother's Day!!

I got German pancakes with strawberries, the best cards and book from Syd, and a zero gravity lounge chair for my backyard, which I know I will spend a LOT of time in this summer. It is perfect. The best gift I got was my entire family working all day yesterday spring cleaning the house and yard. I told them that's all I wanted. (They hate comments like that). So, we did our windows in and out. It's weird how they don't look dirty until you do the outside and then they look so brilliant. We organized, threw out, cleaned--it was so great. I worked right until 7 pm when we headed up to a family barbecue. It will finish Monday (I like to stretch the holidays involving me out a few days) when we will plant our veggie garden for FHE. The kids will be so enthusiastic and appreciate the skills they are learning. Well, maybe someday.

Big news, since it was Mother's Day, I had a piece of TEXAS SHEET CAKE, THE BEST DESSERT EVER KNOWN TO MAN. Wow, there is nothing better than Texas Sheet Cake, not even brownies or maybe even cookies. Those two might tie. Anyway, maybe that's why I can blog this morning. Happy Day. I get to practice singing with the Young Men, which includes my son, who will be singing in sacrament meeting to their moms. I love when the young men sing. It seems I always get to be involved with teaching the song to them, which I really love. Dinner with Brett's mom, dessert with mine, calling my stepmom. It will be a good day. I already got a back scratch from everyone at the same time. It was a complete puppy dog moment. Rudy just looked at us as if to say, "hey! I'm the dog here. Where's the love?"

Happy mother's Day to my mom, who gave me every essential thing I needed growing up, mostly keeping me on the path which helped me to make choices which have resulted in the blessings I have today. Thank you forever mom for that. We could have had a very different life had you not been willing to shape our direction and focus at great personal sacrifice. Love you!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy Mother's Day to a wonderful big sister and a great example of what a mother should be. I love you.

Misty said...

I'm glad you had such a great 2 day celebration. :) And even some sugar! Happy day, indeed.

Kimi said...

I hope you noticed that on Facebook Spencer declared "I have the best mom ever so there."
I think he might be right.
I'm so happy you got to have some cake. And:
I hereby proclaim that your Mother's Day cake was a freebie and will have no adverse effect on you, nor on your sweet little BabyKate whatsoever. So there.