Friday, May 8, 2009

A DREARY SUGARLESS WORLD

I am now day 8 into my sugarless life. I am having a hard time having enough energy, life, purpose, purpose in life, to blog. It's just so hopeless right now. Maddie cruelly made choc chip cookies and they are sitting on the stove in a see-through plastic tub. See through. Brett ate one in front of me before he went to work this morning. He even smiled when I looked at him pathetically. Sydney got a Sprite in her kids meal at lunch. The sweet nectar drifted to my nostrils, and the soft sucking sound as it went tingling down her throat tore me to the core.

Hopefully, this will be temporary. I hope to blog again soon. It might take until I surprisingly and happily look at the doctor's scale next appointment and realize I'm not gaining as much prego weight. It might take until I can find a good sugar substitute and enjoy guava cookies. It might take until I want to eat squash and spinach salads until I'm satiated. It might happen. Otherwise, don't be disappointed if you don't see a blog in a while. I think I'll go curl up in the fetal position on my couch for a while. Facing the back. The rest of you, have a great day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One or two cookies or sweets a day wouldn't ruin anyone's diet or whatever-you-have. Go for it!

Amy and Brad said...

Poor Erin! I'm so sad for you!

Hey, if it makes you feel any better I think my dream about your labor/delivery (the number on the scale in particular) will end up being correct!

Unknown said...

Do they have a Biggest Loser Prego version? Cause now that you have been banned from sugar, and you have conquered the demon, you would TOTALLY win. And you would have extra money, and you would be able to go see Oprah again, and not grow your own veggies. PS - you didn't miss ANYTHING at Em's . a total stinker of a lunch spot.