Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My Bucket List

Starting to write a new post is like staring at a blank piece of paper with a newly sharpened pencil. The possibilities are endless. How can I creatively lay on paper (or keyboard) the thoughts swarming around in this mind of mine? Not that my thoughts are more important or profound than anyone else's thoughts, but they are mine; they are my very own, unique set of ponderings and fears and experiences.

Today I would like to expound on my bucket list items. I want them written for my own future reference.

I would like to get a masters degree.

I would like to start or become involved with a charity protecting children's rights (right to eat, right to be safe, right to be educated) probably internationally.

I would like to go on an African Safari. I think. This one scares me a bit, a tad more every year I grow older.

I would like to go under the Bridge of Sighs in Venice at sunset.... (I've already blogged this one)

I would like to have a concert or big recital with every musically talented person I know or who has taught me, performing something. I would like to have to work up a challenging classical piece to perform, write a piece and sing a piece at this recital.

I would like to serve a mission, or two, or three with Brett.

I would like to take another french class, since it has been 20 years and I want to speak more fluently the next time I go. As practical as Spanish is, I love the french language.

I want to continue to cook often and have my home be a gathering place for married kids where good food is always a part of it.

I would like to learn how to record music and set up a small studio in my home. This doesn't have to be tied to making money in any way. I just want to do it.

I would like to learn how to make movies on my mac and make movies and music videos of my family.

I would like to be able to take my mom on an international trip.

I would like to be in shape enough by next summer (1 year post baby) to run another 10k or possibly a half marathon.

I would like to see Brett see his dreams come to fruition and be able to teach and consult and write and help others.

I would like to have read the Old Testament, New Testament, Book of Mormon and D&C cover to cover during a two year period. Currently, I am on the 53rd of HOW MANY psalms? Can I make it through these??

I want to have a big 40th bday party next year WITH my dad who will be 70. We are both going to celebrate it together.

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow, what a list. I can't even think straight enough to come up with one thing! Let me know when you start running next summer and I will run along with you!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Europe! MOM

Erin Blake said...

I always have to have a list. It doesn't mean I'll accomplish everything. I think you're a better runner than me Mel. I'm more of a slow jogger:)

Unknown said...

Let me know when you fig out the movie on the mac thing. Oh, and love that you think you aren't 40 yet.

Erin Blake said...

Um, Si-- unless you missed the memo, I'M NOT 40 YET!!! Don't add on a year to me. Don't do it!

Melwel said...

Love these, love all of these. .. I'm going to still a few..
love you

Kimi said...

You and Si are making me mad! You know darn well I'm sitting here all day doing squat and I would love to come over and Mac it up with you both, but do you call me? Do you say, "Hey, Keems, can you come over on Tuesday at 10 o'clock and get your Mac on for a couple of hours and we'll get started on a sweet iMovie and then I'll make us some lunch?" Do you say that?
You really should say that.
SAY IT!!