Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Moments

Today is my friend Melinda's Thankful Thursday. I'm thankful for pictures! They capture those golden moments forever. I am more thankful today than usual, because both of our cameras are BROKEN. Ugh. What if something really important or cool happens today and I can't capture it?! It's a bit of a panicky, desperate feeling. So, here are a few random ones I found in our super organized archive of photos...here and there in files on our computer...probably never to be actually printed...or put in a book...

On Syd's birthday. I was in a weird mood. I'm about to tickle her under her arm. She knows it's coming.
At my ultrasound, under the green hospital lighting. Nonetheless, it captures how excited we are to find out.

The boys. I love this one.
Cleopatra and the 50's diva. They must get the drama looks from Brett :)
That is a guinea pig that was served to him as a special honor for helping to build a school in Ecuador. That means he is definitely eating it and he knows it.
Love those moments. The small moments. ("This message was brought to you by Canon Power Shot SD1000")

6 comments:

Kelly said...

I didn't know your cameras are broken! I should get my old digital one back from mom for you because she is hanging on to her film camera for dear life. Those are some cute pictures. I haven't seen any of them before. I think I will do a post of random pictures, too, if you don't mind.

Misty said...

That guinea pig is sicknast!!! Seriously, the tail and everything??

Erin Blake said...

What you are looking at is not the tail. It is the big mongo foot with the little nails.
Kelly, I would love that! I am dying right now. I NEED A CAMERA.

Anonymous said...

NOOOOOO! Camera-holder

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH. That rivals the chicken feet. I'm sick. I want to see a pic of Spence with that critter in his mouth. What? No fry sauce???

Erin Blake said...

Si, he should have just asked for the recipe. All they can say is no, right? I'll grab it for you next time we're there.