Schedule for Today:
6:30-9 Time with family. Scriptures, helping kids get to school, eat, finish homework, make lunches and all that requires.
9-10 It's quiet! Ahh. Tidy up and check email, msn, favorite blogs while having hot chocolate. Start a load of laundry, make calls.
10-12 Sign boys up for Webelos camp. Major Deal! wow. But we are now coordinated with two other wards that we are merging packs with, so it is all done. If I worked, would I do this at 10-12 midnight? On my lunch hour? During dinner time?
12:30 Lunch with some friends I don't get to see very much, but who I love. This time often includes lunch with Brett who works 2 mins. away or even lunch with my teens occasionally. Sometimes it includes lunch with my sis, Misty or close friends.
1:30 -2:30 Clean (ok. I don't do that great of a job, and it isn't that much fun. However, even if I worked, I'd still have to do this only when everyone is around and when I'd be more tired.) Jury is out if I really will clean since it's only noon. Today this has to include figuring out an April Fools trick for my family. I must think hard on that one.
2:30-3:30 Teach piano. Nice, because kids aren't really home yet.
3:30-5:00 Make dinner, catch up on kids' days, have fun with kids. I like this time of day. I like being able to make dinner pretty early so we can eat together if possible and I don't resent dinner because it is last minute. I don't mind cooking then, because I am in the kitchen and can still talk to kids, etc. while I'm cooking.
5:00 -- Eat and then pretty much crash. I'm not asleep, just everything feels like climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro as I mentioned in an earlier post. I'm good for activities I have to be to. Otherwise I'm on a couch somewhere and then in my bed reading, doing work, watching something.
How do working moms do it? My hats off to you for juggling it all if you fit in that category. I'm sort of a semi-working mom, because I teach piano every day, but for maybe 1 1/2 hours. No big deal, rewarding as I see kids progress, and I feel like I'm helping out just a tad bit.
I am grateful for my quiet time during the day, my warm house in yellows and reds that energizes me and makes me calm at the same time. Off to get ready for lunch!
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
You didn't take me up on my offer for lunch today so what did you end up doing?
I signed the webelos up and then went to that new place 5 Guys and a Burger?? by Mikado and now I am cleaning. Did you go to PB Kids?
I'm in awe of working moms everywhere also.
Every time you think about how glad you are that you get to be a stay-at-home mom call Brett and thank him for bringing home the bacon. Husbands love that.
I often wonder that same thing, when do working Moms get it all done? I am home and still can't get 75% of stuff done!
Uh- hello. Resenting dinner. Bite your tongue.
Five guys, what did you think????? Spence and Ben were cute and came to support the guys baseball game today. they are great kids. Especially in the sub zero weather. love you.
It's a lot like In and Out. I know how much you love that place Si. No shakes though.
Post a Comment