Monday, October 17, 2011

It's a great beginning to a new week. Although Mondays mean a very messy weekend recoup day for me, I love the promise of a new week. I love getting the kids out the door and then just looking at my little Kate and deciding what to do.

A lot of people have Prius's here. Disneyland on Wednesday. Halloween at Disneyland is fun. Just ask Kate. Yikes. She's an addict now. I'm going to get a corn dog first thing by Tomorrowland. Going to slap a little paint on my walls today in prep for Utah's UEA visitors this week. Heard from my boy this morning. I am loving Spotify. I just made a playlist of tons of kid songs for Kate for FREE. And I don't have to buy them. I can listen to them until I'm sick of them, then get new ones. I like free.

Have to hire a tutor for a child this week. Tutors equal survival and sanity. Had a GREAT scripture class this week on the war chapters in the Book of Mormon. Yes they are a study of the wars of those people, but they are also a type and symbolic of Christ leading us. I love love love that scripture class. I think about it all week long.

I'm grateful to be right here right where I am. Enjoying my senior girl Miss Maddie. I can't believe it's her senior year. I can't believe she'll also be gone to BYU next year. 2 kids out the door!! Super big hole when Miss Maddie goes that's for sure.

Recent conversation between Ali and Kate when Ali was trying to get Kate to bed. These are daily conversations that keep us all laughing...

Kate: Ali, heres the deal. I'm really scared and I need you to hold me
Ali: ok kate lay down
Kate: Ali, Pirates are so nice. I  promise they are NOT scary. and i need to go to disneyland RIGHT NOW to see the pirates.
Ali: ok kate now go to bed right now
Kate: OKAYY....mr. bossy.
Ali: I am NOT a mr. bossy.
Kate: ok. but you're a witch
Ali: what? no i'm a princess
Kate: no i'm a princess. I'm cinderella.
Ali: are you going to be cinderella for Halloween?
Kate: no i'm going to be a pirate. but halloween has SO many spiders. but they're really nice.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I want a Prius.
Love that convo. Glad you wrote that down.
I just found a notebook of cute things the kids said. Grant and I read them the other night and laughed so hard we cried.
love you,
me

Kimi said...

Kate is just way too cute.

Melanie said...

Oh Kate is so so so cute! I want to go to disneyland RIGHT NOW as well.