I decided today that Disneyland is not the happiest place on earth when you are alone with a 20-month old. During Spring Break. I took the girls down this morning and as soon as you could say, "Mom, we're going on Tower of Terror," they were gone. For the rest of the day. I don't know why I hadn't thought this through, but soon realized that a full day alone with Kate in busy Disneyland was pretty lonely. I'm used to it at home, just Kate and me against the world, but somehow at Disneyland...not fun. So we went on the merry-go-round, ferris wheel, took this picture with Mickey, and got back in the car. After 45 minutes, we were back home. We spent our day alone instead going for a walk with Rudy, going to Trader Joes, giving Kate a bath and watching parts of Toy Story.
Maddie comes home tomorrow. I really can't wait. Mary Leishman surprised Ali last night by flying in. Brett picked her up at LAX on his way home from work, and then she hid behind Ali's bed. Ali was really shocked. It was a pretty great moment.
Yesterday, I took the girls to two eateries in Hollywood. One was Pink's Hot Dogs, which for some reason gets featured on Food Network and such. I thought it tasted exactly like...well exactly like a hot dog. But I like checking things off of my internal lists. I've now been there and partook of the guac dog. Then, we drove to Million Dollar Shakes, which was fun. Long drive down Santa Monica Boulevard at dinnertime, but fun. Which leads me to my very popular segment:
STAR SIGHTINGS HO HUM!!
Remember this segment? Well, yesterday I saw him...
All I could picture was SNL's Phil Hader below who does such a funny impression of him.
Riveting, I know, but I must stop writing and attend to the urgent matter of a bowl of cereal to make up for the calories consumed eating little chocolate chip/oatmeal bite sized cookies with Kate while perusing the aisles of Trader Joe's. No big dinner for mommy tonight.








4 comments:
That look in Kate's eyes on the merry-go-round as she looked at you had to make the trip to D-Land worthwhile. Do you mean you went home without the 10 yr. olds? Did they know?
Sure hope Maddie does the best blog ever.
I didn't stay long enough. We missed a few fun eateries on my bucket list.
Hope you got chocolate-covered pomegranite seeds for me at Trader Joe's.
star sightings HO HUM.
I love you driving around LA with your iphone giving you directions. I think it's so funny. I just had a flashback of that and laughed out loud. hahhaha and then your iphone dies and everyone freaks out. AHAHAHA
ok i'm done.
Oh how wonderful to have Disneyland so close! Though it does make sense on that fun level.
I was also thinking about Bill Hader's impression when I saw who your star sighting was. SO funny!
I love that your iPhone dies while you're using the GPS--so you! (There is a device called a car-charger for times like those, just so you know).
Can't wait to see you this week!!!!!!!
Post a Comment