Name that show...
I have felt uninspired to blog. It's not that a lot isn't going on..just haven't felt it.
Yesterday, long busy day. Kate was the most hyper baby on the planet during the million errands it seemed I had to run. My conversations with various store owners: (Be prepared. The following is extremely riveting reading.)
Hi. How are you. Nice store you have here. Oh, yes I'm buying some things for my son's birthday on Friday.
I'm sorry. Kate, come here sweetie.
Oh I'm sorry. Kate...
Kate, stop crying. It's ok. Mommy's got you.
Hold my hand. Kate, hold mommy's hand.
Oh, just a second. Kate? Kate? Where did you go?
No no, Kate. That's the store room. Come back.
Mom's almost done Kate. Stay by mommy.
Kate NO! I'm sorry. Really, I can't begin to be sorry enough.
Kate, stay here. Oh I'm dreadfully sorry. Words can't convey my sorry-ness to you.
No Kate. Don't touch.
Wow. I'm sorry.
Ok Kate. I'm not letting you down. Stop screaming.
SO what were you saying? Kate stop it. I'm not letting you down.
I'm sorry, what did you say? I can't hear you over the crying.
Kate, what does a doggie say? Can you sing Elmo? Sing Elmo for the lady.
Yes, I DO love being a mother. It's wonderful. Ow Kate, don't hit mommy.
Well, I hate to cut this short, but we need to be going now. Bye!
Kate, that was a no no. You don't run away from mommy. And no hitting.
Can you say I'm sorry mommy?
I sowy mommy.
Oh, you're so dang cute!!! I love you kiss kiss kiss kiss. Smell the neck, nose touch. All is forgiven.
That was pretty much my day yesterday. Why did I choose to make 50 scotcheroos for a R. S. project when I could have done easy cookies? Or plain rice krispie treats. Why did I mess up the frosting, having to run back to the store and then do it again? Why did I have to put them in the baggies with wet frosting, due to the mess up, thus making the baggies super dee duper messy? Why did my kids have a million things involving me and rides at the same time?! When Brett called at 8:30 saying he would be later, that he was in a meeting he couldn't get out of, why did I just shrug and start laughing and not get upset? It was just funny by that point. I was spent.
Well, I was doing what I always do and stayed in the car listening to music after I brought Ali home from dance. I was just kind of comatose in the front seat, with the heat going and track 12 playing on Good Old War's CD. I saw Brett's headlights coming up the drive. Yea! I gave him a weak smile and he gave me a huge smile and a thumbs up sign. He was really happy about something. He opened his trunk and there was the new keyboard I have been researching and wanting to buy. His "meeting" was with Guitar Center where he bought that keyboard for me and surprised me. I think he knew I wouldn't be able to gulp and buy it on my own, always thinking of a million things I need to pay for before something self-indulgent like that. However, he also knew that I need one if I'm going to be able to play. My first band vocal rehearsal is tonight and the gig is in a few weeks. So this keyboard is just in time! We set it up in the other house with speakers facing me and behind me. I can also put on a CD of the songs I am working on and then play along with it. I am really happy. It is so cool.
So my musing is: Some days are crazy. They just are. Some days you might feel like crying. You just will. It's ok. The next day will be better. It always is. The sun will come up, and life will keep going. Prayer and scriptures also greatly help get me out of those hard days I've found.
I'm excited because I am going to do something today with one of my favorite people who is in California at the moment. It will be a brand new segment on my blog...one I've been wanting to do for a while. You'll have to wait in suspense until tomorrow!!!
*Also, Disneyland this week was great. Our town's schools had a teacher prep day, which no one else in L.A. did, so the whole town was at Disneyland. So fun to keep running into people, seeing the kids with their friends. No parental lapses of judgement that I saw. The only thing that might constitute a lapse of judgement was seeing little kids in flimsy pirate boots made out of cardboard walking around all day or pointed Jasmine shoes. Mom, Dad, would YOU want to walk around in those? Other than that, it was wonderful. We're getting a system down as to where we eat. We always get BBQ meat and asparagus skewers at Bengal Barbecue in Frontier land, and we know where the healthy kiosks are (the ones with fruit and nuts). There is usually a stop at the soft ice cream place on the boardwalk and now that we found a coconut curry place on the wharf, that will be a regular stop as well.
Kate went 10 times IN A ROW on the merry go round. She would cry as we tried to pry her chubby fingers off of the gold pole and take her seatbelt off of the fish she liked to ride. Way cute.
I saw both Amos Lee and Jon Brion live this week. Big week musically. Amazing. I loved both. Especially Jon Brion. Thanks to the Busks for telling me about him. Craziest performance I've ever seen. My brother Quinn and our friend Bob Farley would LOVE THIS SHOW. Quinn, google him. Google Jon Brion Largo. Everyone else would think it was just plain weird.
OK people. I miss Utah. I miss everyone in Utah. I am doing well here. I can't wait to see all of Brett's siblings this weekend as we have a couples getaway to Newport. All of us! Sis. Elaine Dalton, the General Young Women's President of the church is flying to California this weekend to visit the YW in the Los Angeles Region. She is walking around the Rose Bowl with the girls on Friday, doing a big conference on Saturday and coming to our ward's YW class on Sunday. Just our ward, all to ourselves. How lucky are the girls?
Could this post be any longer? Ha ha. Sorry. e
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
I sat at the computer to copy the info to get the goodie at Les Madeleines as per your last entry and - surprise - you wrote a new message to all of us who miss you so much. Fantastic about the keyboard. That's my BRETT! Glad you have found fav eating places at Disneyland when WE go again. I can just imagine the fun time at the store with Kate. What happened to our Baby Kate who would sit quietly in the stroller? :-) Love the pictures of my family playing.
And Happy Birthday to your/my oldest - Spencer Kenny Blake (?) - 19 this week and at BYU and soon to be on a mission!!!!! MOM/GMA (see you soon)
Whatever! There isn't a chubby bone on Kate's body - not even her fingers.
Is it Modern Family?!
Christy!!! Yep. Modern Family. My favorite episode. Wish you could cut my hair..
Very sweet. I got all excited at the idea of your keyboard! I miss having you play for me :-)
I SO knew what the quote was from. Obv.
There Brett goes again! Sadly, I thought if Bob had called me on a day like that, telling me he wasn't coming home on time, no way would I have been nice about that. And then how would I have felt when he showed me the keyboard? Bad, that's how.
So I learned something today. I feel motivated to be more patient. Good job, Erin. Way to do good in the world.
Also, I am so excited for your band gig! Wish I could see/hear it. Maybe you can post some vid on here afterward?
Loved your Kate conversation-haha!
Kbye.
I miss you Landon! Kimi, obv you too...
Post a Comment