Saturday, October 23, 2010

Saturdays are good.

My mom and I made these
and this

and are going to make Pumpkin Soup for dinner with some bread.

We went to a Halloween Haunt at Syd's school today. It is their main fundraiser for the year and raised $90,ooo!! That's what I said! I also met lots of moms, Syd's school friends for the first time and generally was excited by what I saw.

*We are about to leave for a matinee--

*Syd is getting a bike with her dad--

*The girls just saw BYU win (yes!) with Spencer--

*I have a crossword and my personal crossword tutor (mom) waiting for me--

*A missionary farewell party tonight for two great boys--

*A late date with Brett. I want to go see a local band. He's not so sure.

*I get to wear slippers around the house and my favorite orange sweater. I am feeling Halloween finally!

Saturdays are good.

5 comments:

Haskell's said...

I totally Saw ali at the bountiful game and I about cried my eyes out!! anyway, she is so darling. I really need help here. Can I buy slim in six or insanity from brett? I really want to try one of these. What ones are best and most effective? Please get back to me asap because I don't have any money for the gym and I can do the dvd workouts after sawyer goes to bed. Thank you my sweet erin. Love you

Erin Blake said...

Slim in 6 definitely. I'll see with Brett. I don't know how it works. I'm glad you saw Ali. They are so lucky to be there this weekend. I'm excited to get them back tonight though. Miss you Erica. e

Kimberlee said...

Erin, what is that delicious picture at the top of the post. I MUST know! I need a yummy dessert for a brunch....

Erin Blake said...

Hi Kim! Tell Brock not to be such a bragger all of the time :) I'm excited for you guys!
The recipe is from abountifulkitchen.com (of course) and search "blackberry hand pies". They are so so so so good.

Kimi said...

I hope your grrls left that cd somewhere, because they didn't leave it here. Let me know and I'll go pick it up. Unless they took it home.

Hope they had a fun trip. I missed Maddie, but ran into Ali at the BHS game. So that was way awesome. She's so beautiful and grown-up.

Lisa (Laura's sister) was all, "That's Ali Blake??!!!" And I was all, "I KNOW, right?"

That's just how we talk.