Monday, March 1, 2010

What's a Girl To DO?


It's a good day. I am blogging before packing. I am taking Miss Kate to see her BFF named Brett in Santa Monica. He can't wait and if she could tell me, she'd say she can't wait either. She'll rub his cheeks and his hair like she always does and he'll sing to her and shower with her as he always does. They'll both be in heaven.

I'll get to have my back scratched, my door opened and to hold Brett's hand. (ha ha, Melinda-can you tell what my love language is??) The sun will be warm and I will pray and pray that Heavenly Father will give me inspiration as to what town will be right for the Blake family to settle in. Where should we spread our roots? I am excited to ask Him and to begin that process. I know He will guide me!

Some other things have been weighing on my mind: (and it is actually not whether 'snuck' is more grammatically correct than 'sneaked' believe it or not.)

U2 at Rice Eccles Stadium in SLC on June 3rd.

Paul McCartney at Hollywood Bowl in LA on March 30th.

James Taylor and Carole King in SLC July 15 and in LA in May.
Sting at the Hollywood Bowl on June 15th.

AAARRR the possibilities, the decisions!

Throw in moving, a commuting husband, a graduating senior, and a baby-- and these concert decisions will have to be made with weighty thought.

So far, it's Paul McCartney on Mar. 30th in LA. I have begun the serious preparation that accompanies any good concert-going experience. I'm listening to everything I can by him. He will be brilliant, well, because he is. I want to watch him play multiple instruments. I hope he does. I want to hear his accent, because I haven't heard Kate's yet. I want to marvel at how good he still looks and sounds. I'm going by myself and Kate's BFF Brett is going to play with her that night, probably on the beach. OK don't get jealous, probably in the hotel room rocking her to sleep.

As for the other concerts, I'll miss U2. It's graduation week and Spence will take precedence. I won't get to see Bono control the stage and the Edge do what only he does with that stoic face. Even though I've already seen Sting, we're kind of tight friends, so I will probably go support him in June. James and Carole King is a must. This will be a one-time tour together. I want to see her and see her sing with him. It will make me all melancholy as it usually does for a week or so afterwards, but worth it!

I went to buy some swimsuits yesterday for 4 of us Blake girls to parade our white Utah bodies in on our Hawaii trip. We should be a sight:) Nothing like introducing myself to my husband's California company peers in a swimsuit, right after having a baby! I've mentioned that he works for a fitness company, right? One where everyone is fit? I've decided I'll just smile a lot and get outside myself. I will not be self-conscious...I will not be self-conscious...

Have a great day and eat some warm chocolate chip cookies for me--semi-sweet chips with a little bit of rolled oats and cut the butter back a touch to make them just puffy enough. Maddie won't let me make any this week for white Utah body swimsuit prep. grrrrr.

-erin noelle

8 comments:

Melwel said...

Thanks for the update....have so much fun in Hawaii.
I know what your love language is....and that's why you HAVE to move....oh well.
Have fun with Kate's BFF.

JuneyB said...

maddie is so wise. she is wise beyond her years. that woman talks sense into you all the time.

Erin Blake said...

I know Jane. I'm way more impulsive than she is.

Unknown said...

More flour, not less butter. DId Spence tell you about our bet? I'm taking him cookies later today.
I love your concert expectation descriptions. You really are so weird. love you.

Erin Blake said...

I do both Si- a touch more flour, some oats and 1 1/2 sticks butter instead of two. I just had a cookie at the Doubletree in Santa Monica. Don't tell Maddie.

Misty said...

We already have our tickets to U2. Cannot. Wait. Seriously.

Diane said...

I am so glad I know about your blog now. I'm excited that I will be able to keep up with your life and your family. You are fabulous at this! I hope you enjoyed California and it was a successful trip.

Erin Blake said...

yea Diane!