Then the light turned green. Things like that are still REALLY WEIRD for me.
On another note, I LOVE playing for Broadway Brunch. It stretches my piano playing abilities like crazy. I get about 10 to 12 songs to sight read and then play a day later. This time, a woman wanted to sing Til There Was You from Music Man. We had no music. I thought, I really really like this song (mostly thanks to McCartney) and so I thought I'm just going to wing it. Nobody will know. So I just let go of my inhibitions and started playing the way I thought it would sound. It ended up really soft and matched her voice and it just felt like I was playing from my heart and didn't need the music anyway. We did a full keychange and I had to figure out a bridge etc. I wish I could do that often. It is hard. It makes me feel like I'm broadening in some way. Then I came back home and watched Mary Poppins with my Kate. Man I love that girl. I love just snuggling with her under my covers, and watching Mary Poppins. Which, really, is that not the most brilliant movie? Such a great great film all around.
I also made Sydney watch the original Star Wars trilogy with me this past month. It struck me that she just needed to know why people wear those Yoda backpacks around at Disneyland. Now she knows. She gets Leia and Han. She gets why Luke always felt drawn to Leia but why he would never end up being her Han. It just all makes sense now.
On a better, less wasteful note, I'm finally organizing my life! It feels good. Brett's office which was a wasteland of papers that were never used, is now my office with cute little cubbies and where everything has its place. It's clean and it's mine. It makes me really really happy. I now feel empowered and want to keep tackling projects. I'm going to paint the hallways next. Mostly because I have to paint something about once a year. I don't know why. Also they really need it and the smell of paint and seeing the marks disappear under the roller feels really really good.
Finally, I want some new pants. And one pair of navy toms or maybe converse to wear with my jeans that I wear every single day. I also want to make Maddie volunteer at an orphanage in Thailand. I hope she agrees with me and finds someone to do it with her.
I have had soooo many visitors this past month! It has been awesome. Here are a few of them...
This activity never gets old for Kate.
This family is my family.
The guy on the right is Kate's fav male cousin. Proud of the two on the left, both for different reasons. Katie, bright, beautiful, about to be an adult. Braden, self motivated, funny.Kate's favorite people. More than the people below. Ask anyone and they'll tell you in a whisper so I won't hear and wonder why she loves them more.
I like this picture because I'm wearing the sweater Si gave me because the color was wrong for her. And I like Brett.
Hollywood is kind of gross. But this little part is cool. Sydney liked this because I had just made her watch Star Wars as I said so she got it.
Next on her watching list....Anne of Green Gables! A MUST if you are female!!
ok bye. erin




8 comments:
ok I realize that I said Ben being Kate's fav cousin might make Davis or Jackson feel baldy! BUT Ben's older and basically just pushes her around and does whatever she says. He is soooo sweet to her. So she pretty much loves him. ok bye
Anne of Green Gables .... I made Haley watch it a couple of years ago and she was loving it. Then I left her to watch while I made dinner and she got further than I thought. When I went back in to check on her, she was sobbing. Big choking sobs. Because Matthew had just died. She was devastated and asked me, "Why did you make me watch that?" Sweet memory. :)
I want to see photos of your office. :)
Hey you, Caroline is going to Peru this summer to work in an orphanage. Just for ten days, but she's excited!
Wasn't she the lesbian doctor on ER? MOM
OK that's what I get for reading your blog backwards. Now I see where this orphanage is. Holy cow. Thailand?? Reading your blog makes me sad in a strange way. I feel like I don't even know your life anymore. It sounds wonderful and interesting but I am so not a part of it. Sorry to be a downer. Love you.
thank goodness life can begin now that syd gets it! woot woot. Can i come to your house and watch anne of green gables? and will be wishing again to be a carrot top with that dashing, bratty gil. ahhhhh. xoxoxoxoxo
Ha ha laurie
Post a Comment