Whitney Kofford and friends are here this week. Let's just say that she had a REALLY good time at the Price is Right today. An Unforgettable time. That's all I can legally say. Watch Price is Right on April 7th if you know Whitney. They are trying for the Ellen Show today.
Kate sings her ABCs just like this. We start with the little "Abc, abc..." and then I of course sing it just like India Arie, because in my past life I was a black gospel singer too. So, if you are ever listening to Kate sing the ABCs and you hear that little "abc, abc.." this is where it came from.
I am finding out new things about Spencer's mission every day. It is so fun! Here are some facts..
-It is the largest (land area) mission in the world. From one area of his mission to another can take 42 hours by train. These missionaries are on trains A LOT.
-Because the people in Siberia were banished here by past communist regimes for being religious, the result is a more religious people, and a happier people. They weren't under the thumb of communism bleakness as much. I keep hearing about how wonderful the people are in Siberia.
-His mission president will be brand new the same month as Spence and will serve the exact same two years as Spence. My friend's parents know him and say he is fun, dynamic, young, and will be great! Can you imagine being a 50ish couple with kids in college and getting called to Siberia?
-Spence will be in the MTC for 3 full months, because Russian is a TOUGH language! His friend Stephen keeps writing about how tired he is getting of the MTC food after 1 month. His friend Ben lost 10 pounds in the MTC. Hmm
-I've heard from many in Russia through different channels that Novosibirsk is a great mission.
-Here is a clip of the closest temple (Kyiv) that Maryn just happened to post on her blog. Thank you Maryn for posting that! I have watched it many times and cry every time. I have an instant love for these people! I've already forwarded it around, but if you haven't seen it, watch THIS.
Ok I'm packing for my trip with Brett tomorrow. How do I leave Kate? Agony over it! My girls are of course excited to get rid of us and get grandma to come stay. Partaaay! Especially because grandma will cook for them and make cookies (but watch out girls, sometimes there is no chocolate in them, only cranberries!! aaarrggghhh! I'm feeling the exclamation points today)
I am full of thanks today. Thank you to my friend Laurie and sis in law Darcy this week for supplying me with all of the information that has brought peace! Thank you to India Arie for singing the abcs so well. Thank you to Whitney for keeping us company this week. Thank you to Spencer for calling yesterday and talking to me for so long. Thank you to Sarah for starting a blog. Thank you to Brett for forcing me to go on a fun trip that I am afraid to go on..Thank you to Parkway Grill in Pasadena for making that most delicious creme brulee dessert last night. Thank you to Southwest for being such a chill airline. Thank you to pajama pant makers everywhere. Thank you to down comforter companies everywhere. Thank you to Syd for being the best daughter ever, so responsible, so good to Kate. You're her favorite. Thank you to new bands only really cool people know about like Good Old War and for singing such tight harmonies. Thank you to musicians who tour. Thank you to Sis. Frandsen for letting me teach seminary last week and thank you to teenagers everywhere for just being at that magical trying time of life that is so fun to watch and be around. Thanks to oatmeal for making my stomach all warm. That's all. e
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



13 comments:
What are you talking about? Kate, the Millers and no doubt the Mayfields are going to PARRRTTYYY too! Although maybe you would rather hear that we are going to have a very structured, safe, highly stimulating environment with oodles of love, hugging, kissing, etc all around. Just go enjoy the Sun, the palm trees, the warmth, the beaches, (Wait………………you already have that ) Just go and enjoy your husband and a good book!
As for the MTC food – I’m not an expert but who wouldn’t be going through withdrawals when they have a mom that can whip up a Bouchon? In one afternoon (I know you don’t really know me Si but someday I want to cook as well as you (and you too Erin)) But in all reality, Spencer has been eating probably the same food for the past 6 months at the cafeteria in the dorms - Which is great because he already likes the food! And the Utah contingent will make sure to send him treats and goodies while he is there for his 3 months!
(And last of all, thank you for admitting that you are still eating crème brulee and haven’t gone totally healthy on us! ) Love you tons, Darcy
ha ha. The difference now is that I shared creme brulee with Whitney, her two friends and Sydney. So I got about 2 bites instead of eating the whole thing. A little better right?
that pic on the side bar that says "my entire life is being blogged" is so you. it makes me laugh. (as in LOL)
also, THANKS for the little mintys and the gnome. the gnome was clever, miss e. when I come visit i'll just have to slip it into your refridgerator.
remember when i said tenda mercies 30 times a day when i came? that was fun. YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT'S LIKE TO LIVE HERE!!!!
oh i miss you guys a lot lately. not that i didn't before, but i've just been thinking about you guys a lot. hope YOU are doing well!
love you, miss you, blah blah blah
First off, Darcy- Stephen is a little "different". At age 5, he was asking me what 's for dinner by 9AM. So, it's not just my cooking, he came this way. And I would love to whip up a Bouchon for you any day. Just call me.
And, I think you hit it on the ehad. Spence already loves the BYU food, so no worries there.
I'm glad you have found peace through friends/fam who have fed you with info about Russia and the mish, and Clem Bwulee (said in a very wet, thick accent). We still need to get out my torch and cook.
Isn't that video the best? It's so incredible to think of the members over there. They have almost completely different cultures than us, but they have the exact same Gospel. It's so awesome! Glad you enjoyed it.
Addison never complained about the MTC food haha. ANd the three different days that I have had the opportunity to be in the MTC i found it enjoyable--- Just think of it as being a student and eating at the college cafeteria (whatever it is called) Three different styles of food to choose from, or there is always the salad bar--i believe i remember seeing a sushi place but i could be wrong--and of course cereal.
The other great thing about siberia is that is where they also sent the artists and thinkers so the people are very interesting and artsey as well as able to hold great convos (That is from my friend who went to russia on his mission)
PS. Can i come visit cali? I miss seeing you also I'm in definite beach mode as well as need to hear you play the piano mode haha
Yes Landon, come. That's interesting- I heard also that the religiously minded people were also banished to Siberia so the people really are a different, happier, artsier people than the Moscow Russian. It's a higher baptizing mission as a result of that. SO, hey Siberia may be really really cool.
So really you can come. :)
:)
Joe gained 10 pounds at the mtc... there is hope. ha ha. He is back down to only 5 over. booooya
I'm sorry Si and Darcy but when did I say i like the BYU food? just a bit confused on that part
Spence, you don't complain or come up here enopugh to escape the cafeteria food, so I'm pretty sure you love it. Or at least like it. love you.
I feel like I haven't talked to you (Erin) in ages! We need a skype session ASAP please!
What the heck is a bouchon?
KD, NOW you know.
Post a Comment